There are two pillars to the technique I use; they must go hand in hand. One is the practical application of the science and practice of Vocology. The other is the artful use of Creative Coaching skills.
Vocology is the science and practice of building and strengthening the voice to meet the specific demands of the singer’s styles and stories. You will learn that you can control exactly how you use your voice. There is no voodoo here!
Creative coaching is the art and science of helping others to change mindsets and behaviors that prevent them from reaching their creative potentials.
I will help you habilitate your voice so that you can make the sounds that the stories and styles of your songs demand, safely and efficiently. This type of functional training gives you increased vocal flexibility, range, strength, and the ability to sing seamlessly throughout your range. Once you are on the path to optimizing your voice, I will help you adopt new appropriate mindsets and habits so that you can fully develop your artistic talents in ways you may have never even previously imagined.
The bottom line is that voice study with me is about you and what you specifically need and want to reach your vocal and artistic potential.
Lisa’s Teaching and Educational History
- Lisa takes voice lessons, herself, weekly.
- Lisa is a licensed instructor for the BAST (Be A Singing Teacher) singing teacher-training network. As of summer 2016 she has taught over 75 teachers from around the world in the 20 hour BAST training course.
- She attended Dr. Ingo Titze’s Summer Vocology Institute and completed the first of three graduate level courses in the science of vocology.
- Lisa is a member of the Vocology in Practice (ViP) teacher network. ViP is filled with handpicked teachers from around the world who embrace functional voice teaching based on proven, cutting edge voice habilitation practices.
- Prior to becoming a ViP instructor, Lisa was the highest level (Level 5) of teachers in the Speech Level Singing (SLS) teacher network.
- She took graduate classes in vocal performance at Oklahoma City University where she studied for 2 years with Kristen Chenoweth’s vocal coach, Florence Birdwell. She holds a degree from Duke University with a minor in music and majors in psychology and nursing. She also has a masters degree in nursing.