How do I register for lessons with Shameless Singing Studios?
To schedule your initial Discovery Session please complete and submit this form. We will contact you within 48 hours to schedule your free Vocal Assessment.
What should I expect during my Free Vocal Assessment?
Lisa will take a vocal and singing history. You will share your goals and desires for developing or enhancing your singing and performance. You and Lisa will discuss options and determine the best path to reach your goals.
What hours and days of the week do you teach?
Mondays through Thursdays between 9am and 7pm Central United States. When you complete your Free Vocal Assessment you will schedule your first series of lessons.
Where is your studio?
Lisa’s Nashville studio is in the Shameless Singing Music building in the hip Berry Hill community of Nashville. The address is 2819 Erica Place, Nashville, TN 37204.
How do distance or internet lessons work?
Internet lessons work much like in-person lessons. Prior to your first lesson you will receive the access code or my Skype ID or Google Hangout information. You will send Shameless Singing Studios your connecting information as well. At the scheduled lesson time, you will initiate the call to me.
To receive internet lessons you need a high speed internet connection (no dial up services), a webcam (the one built into your computer will do just fine), and a microphone. You need to install and activate recording software for the internet platform you are using. You need to record your lessons so that you can practice with the recording.
Any backing tracks you use must be played from “your side” of the online conversation.
Do you teach beginners?
Absolutely! Shameless Singing Music in Nashville works with children and teens through older adults, with experience from shower singers to professionals. At our Berry Hill, Nashville studio we also have Jacob Burton who specializes in teaching children and teens voice and guitar and Erin Pearson who specializes in teaching 5 to 13 year olds music, piano, guitar, and voice.
What ages and levels do you teach?
Lisa primarily teaches teens and adults.
Lisa works with beginners to professionals. All styles of music are welcome.
Clients’ goals include wanting to sing karaoke, to sing in a choir, to be cast in a high school show or community theatre, to get a vocal scholarship to a university, to sing on stage with a live band, to make a recording of their songs, and all the way to being a professional in the competitive music industry.
What do I bring to my first lesson with Shameless Singing Studios?
- A way to record your lesson (phone, iPad, MP3 recorder) or a standard size SD card (not a mini-SD or micro-SD). A 2GB or 4GB card is more than sufficient. After your lesson you should download the lesson to whatever device you plan to use during your daily practice. Most clients use an iPod, tablet, or their laptop.
- If you are taking your lessons over the internet, activate the recording software available for the program you are using. For example, if you are using Skype to take your lessons, make sure you have Call Recorder activated and know how to use it. If you are new to internet video calling, practice with a friend or relative before your session.
- If you regularly accompany yourself with a guitar or other stringed instrument, please bring it with you. Lisa will want to hear you sing like you normally do.
What are my options for regular lessons?
Clients progress most quickly when they have weekly lessons and have focused, dedicated daily practice time.
At Shameless Singing Studios you have the options to have:
- Multiple lessons in a week if you want to study intensively for a brief while and then have regular lessons more widely spaced.
- Weekly regular lessons
- Every other week regular lessons
- Occasional lessons
You will receive the best value with regularly scheduled lessons and will improve more quickly.
Do you offer single or one-off lessons?
Yes. See the above question and answer.
What are your rates and fees?
All rates are in U.S. dollars.
- $49 per lesson for 30-minute sessions
- $72 per lesson for 45-minute sessions
- All lessons must be completed within a 5 month period to receive this 25% discount.
- Payment plans are available.
- $52 per lesson for 30-minute sessions
- $78 per lesson for 45-minute sessions
- All lessons must be completed within a 3 month period to receive this 20% discount.
- Payment plans are available.
Singing Teachers receive an additional 5% discount for Session Packages.
Single lessons are $65 per half hour and $97 for forty-five minutes.
How do you take payments?
We will invoice you using PayPal where you may pay with a credit card or with your Paypal account funds. You may also pay with a bank check or cash.
What is your payment policy?
Payment for individual lessons must be made in advance. For the 7 or 11 Session Packages you may pay in full prior to the first lesson or make divided payments that include a 5% surcharge
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel your lesson at least a full 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time and date, every effort will be made to reschedule your lesson within the month. We reserve one day a month for rescheduled lessons. If you are unable to take your rescheduled lesson at a time Shameless Singing Studios has available, your lesson will be forfeited and you will be charged for it. We promise to work hard to find a time that will work for you, however.
If you cancel your lesson within 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time and date, your lesson will be forfeited and you will be charged for it. It will not be rescheduled.
Why should I study with Lisa Haupert Vocal Studio?
- Most simply put, Lisa knows how to help you unleash your voice so that your style and performance are no longer limited by your vocal technique or vocal health. If you are a song writer you will find that even your writing might change because you no longer have the internal concept of vocal limitations.
- We are a client-centered studio. We are 100% committed to the artistic process and personal and professional goals of every one of our clients. This includes referring you to any other expert or medical professional that could best serve your needs.
- Our interest is in what you need and want to learn that you’ve not yet mastered.
- The technique taught is firmly based on the cutting edge discoveries of modern day vocal science and a comprehensive understanding of how humans learn and change. There is no voo-doo involved!
- You will learn to sing stronger, higher, and with a connected sound throughout your vocal range.
- You will further develop your own unique style. We understand that a strong vocal technique is optimal for all singers, but it must be adapted to suit your individual needs.
- You will discover how to powerfully and intimately share your unique message with your audience through your songs. It is more than excellent vocal technique. It is you sharing of your self with your audience.
- Your voice will remain healthy if you practice and use the principles of healthy vocal production that you learn at Shameless Singing Studios.
- Shameless Singing Studios is connected to the VocalizeU Teacher Network and the VocalizeU Artist Network. If it is your goal to be a professional singer, when you are ready we can directly connect you with top songwriters, producers, talent agents, and recording studios.
What qualifies you to teach me?
Lisa Haupert has over 30 years of experience performing, singing, and teaching. She taught at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), the Paul McCartney School, in Liverpool, England. She also taught at the Flatrock Playhouse, The State Theatre of North Carolina. She has students who have performed on Broadway, in the West End, and San Francisco theatres. She also has students who are actively gigging and touring throughout the world.
Lisa is a teacher’s teacher. She is one of five licensed instructors for the Be A Singing Teacher program. Between the summer of 2014 and 2016 she has graduated over 75 singing teachers from the 20 hour BAST course. Her teacher clients live around the world including Argentina, Australia, Canada, Dominica, England, France, Germany, Mexico, Scotland, Switzerland, and the United States.
She has a masters degree in nursing and is a certified Wellness Coach. She deeply understands human behavior and what it takes to change habits, to help you connect to your deep motivators, and to truly flourish as an artist.
How long will it take me to become a good singer?
Most clients notice improvement in their singing very quickly. The key is consistent and frequent practice. The technique works quickly but only if you work the technique! Most people get the best results with a minimum of 30 minutes of daily, focused practice along with regular lessons.
Do you work with singers who have had vocal damage or illness?
Yes. If you have vocal nodules, polyps, reflux, or any other vocal illness or condition we require a release from your physician. If you don’t already have an otolaryngologist (ENT doctor) who is experienced in working with singers, we will help you locate one in your region.
Lisa has professional relationships with some of the best Voice Centers in the United States. She can guide you to find the medical help that you need.
What connections do you have to the music industry?
Shameless Singing Studios works closely with many producers and publishing companies. We are also connected to the VocalizeU Teacher Network and Artist Network. When you are ready we can directly connect you with top songwriters, producers, talent agents, managers, and recording studios.
What if I want to learn to be a singing teacher?
Training teachers is one of Lisa’s specialties as well as a part of her overall mission. .Lisa teaches the Be A Singing Teacher course at least quarterly. In this course you will learn anatomy and physiology, vocal assessment, practical applications, functional voice typing, how to teach people to move between their vocal registers smoothly, how to assess vocal control and function, vowel modification and formant tuning, student learning styles, vocal health, and so much more. Contact Lisa directly for details at email@example.com.
Upon completion of the teacher training course you will have the tools and knowledge you need to advance your teaching or to begin teaching with confidence.
Lisa mentors other teachers from around the world, helping them to discover what it is they need to master to become even better performers, singers, and teachers themselves.